nope, not a mandate. Sorry "An American." Let me introduce you to mathematics:40% of eligible voters did not votethe remaining 60% were split fairly evenly.52% of 60% is not 52% of everything. in fact, it's less than NO MANDATEsorry charlieand it certainly was no landslideReagan vs. Mondale was a landslide - all states except for Mondale's homestatethis was no landslide although finally, for the first time, George W. Bush won the popular vote. The first time.uhh.. just saw that everything you're posting is with a smile. Kudos to you!! I'll smile too!!